Monday, January 03, 2005

She Rests Her Wings



She rests her wings.

She came so far carried on the wind that had brushed lovers lips and touched mountain tops. Racing with the wind, wings held out tight, and shadow bright on the Thames. She came so far carried on the wind and her wings. At last she finds some rest...

Well... finally got out and had my first real good photo shoot with the new camera today! I shot myself silly :-D Over 200 photo pictures taken, left wishing for another 200... I need another memory card! :-D

The sky was wonderful and laid across the world like a fresh blue silk sheet Later some impressive clouds came driven by the icey wind. I walked along the river where the wind was singing and so wonderfully cold on my skin. I walked from Charlton to Greenwich. There was so many interesting and beautiful things to take photos of!

I had a wonderful time there taking photos there today. For sure I will go back another time. Well, hope you like this one! More photos to come from my photo shoot, so stay tuned :-)

Well, I have been very talkative today so will sign off in a moment. I just wanted to mention the reason I like photography so much. As you go though life there are many beautiful and interesting things to see. Going with the camera helps reinforce the eye and heart to notice those things.

Copyright 2005 - all rights reserved by poster.

8 comments:

Borya said...

You shoot very nice images. Btw, concerning the digicam. Think I'll go with a simple Olympus for between 150-200 Euros for the moment because it's a must to take a cam with me when travelling to Mexico in February. Will then watch the market and go for a better one in one year or so.
Another btw: Ottmar Lieber has published a song called "La Luna" on his latest album "La Semana". It's a wonderful love song he has written inspired by thinking of his wife.

Martin said...

Glad you like the images :-)

Hope you can get your digicam soon. I am sure you will really enjoy using it a lot. I'll look forward to seeing lots of photos from Mexico! :-)

Best Wishes
- La Luna.

Martin said...

Oh Borya, I forgot to mention. The song sounds great :-)

Regards
La Luna.

Acrix said...

Nice photo :P PLz post more photo regarding the scenery of ur area! Thz :P Will wait to see more nice photoz :)

keed said...

you take cool photos man. check out someone else who got vision.
www.makingsasha.blogspot.com

Martin said...

Thanks for the comments everybody :)

Blue Fairy, Muschas gracias por tu visita! yo entiendo! Tu ingles es bueno! pero me Espanol es muy muy muy mal. Lo siento por mis erroros aqui! Look forward to see photos on your site. Thank you for comming to mine!

Saludos :-)

Acrix, I'll post some more soon of the area I took photos in yesterday. In fact, just going to post another in a moment! Hope you will like it :-)

M, glad you like the photos and really glad to inspire you to get out with your camera! Yeah, go and get some great shots. Look forward to seeing some if you get a few photos you are happy with! I agree with what you say about taking the photographs. Another thing I really like is getting to see the photos and find out what treasure you may have captured with the little glass eye :-) You take care too!

Best Wishes
- La Luna

Martin said...

Oh, forgot!!!

Billy, thanks for the comment. I am glad you are liking what you see! And thank you for the link. That's some great photography. I will keep an eye on that site!

Take care and best wishes
- La Luna :-)

floots said...

I enjoyed your site a lot. Here, on Skye, I seem to spend half my life mooching on beaches, with a camera and a magpie mind. Thank you.