Monday, January 24, 2005


Shadow of the Dream Posted by Hello

They are Shadow of dream. When the power of the King of day wanes. When the last of his light fades to red and then is swallowed by the darkness... this is when the shadows creep out. The crows are the shadows from the dream land. They fill the world with dream and magic while mother moon looks on. Just a few fragments of the night are left to the day so that the moon may see and hear what goes on in the daylight hours. Crows are the shadows. Crows are the dreaming of magic.

Hope you like the picture of my crow! I love crows! I think it has to be my fave animal. They are so dark and mysterious animals. They always represent magic to me.

On another note you can see I have switched to using flicker like everybody else! This is because it was pointed out that not everybody has a high resolution so the site my appear to be squashed up for them and also it will be more non-broad band friendly. Plus the advantage is good to be able to click on the image and get a really nice big view of it! :-) Well... for now this is my choice. For now at least :-D

Copyright 2005 - All rights reserved by poster.

8 comments:

keed said...

this photo is mystic. crows are special birds. really mysterious creatures.

Pincushion said...

Hmmm...very interesting ! I never looked at crows quite like that, but I can see what you mean :)
btw..thanks for visiting my site and hey I am linking to you, really like your blog !

Anonymous said...

Do you know the significance of the crow bringing daylight in Inuit mythology?

a whisper*

Martin said...

Writersblock, another fan of crows! They are wonderful, mystical, and magical creatures! I really like the comment you posted. I like what the writer said in his book "animal speak" that's how I have always viewed crows. They are bringers of magic. They turned up at your wedding? That's really great :-)

Billy, another fan of the crow! They are mystical and mysterious and clever. I think anybody creative, be they writer or artist, would like the crow. Creative people also always seem to like cats as they are also a mystical and mysterious animal!

Pincushion, Thanks for the comment! Glad to see you here. Thank you for linking to me. I will link to you also as I like your blog too! Very nice art :-)

Whisper, Hmmmm mysterious poster who posts on the mysterious crow. I like this :-) Yeah, I think I do know the mythology you speak of. Isn't it the one where the sun is hidden by the tricker fox(?) forgot the animal that stole the moon. Crow was sent to fetch the sun and on the way back he passed oceans and lakes. The resulting steam turned the crow ( who was once white bird ) black and so all crows today are now black in colour. This is the one you refer to or its another myth? Do you know the place crow holds in Norse myth? I really like that. Odin has two crows that sit on his shoulders called "Memory" and "Thought" they travel though Asgard, Midgard, and the land of giants to bring back all the news and information of the world Odin all father.

Best Wishes to all

:: Luna ::

Borya said...

Hey, Martin, check out this pic,
http://www.flickr.com/photos/barthelomaus/1282233/
and his two brothers. :-)

Anonymous said...

The myth I was referring to is the story of the crow bringing daylight via a daylight ball. It was always dark in the North where the Inuits lived. The crow brought back daylight from a snowlodge in the east. The ball was carried on a string which the crow dropped. On shattering the ball gave daylight to the Inuits in the North. The crow brought back only one ball of daylight - so the daylight needs to replenish itself from time to time. Through this the land has daylight for half the year and darkness for the other half. A magical thought isn't it?

a whisper*

Martin said...

Whisper, thanks a lot for the legend. You are right, it's really magical. The myth I was speaking of is Native American ( indian ) myth and of course you are talking of Inuit being the tribes of the Alaska area.

Thank you very much for the legend. Maybe it's truth? Who knows... :-)

Martin said...

Borya! Forgot! Thanks for the pics of the crows! That was great :-D

- Luna