Sunday, January 23, 2005

Parisian Window



Parisian Window

"Do you see that window, Luke? She lives there at no. 9 Rue de amor. And now I will go up to her, I will knock upon her door, throw myself at her feet, I will be on my knees, and I will declare my eternal love for her! She is the most beautiful woman in the whole of Paris!!!"

"You, my friend, are crazy"

"Well, you have to take life by the bollocks! Do you not, Luke?"

"Jean, my friend, you are CRAZY!

"And you can only repeat yourself. You are afraid to live!"

"I am afraid you have a screw loose and anyway your intended has a screw loose."

"Do NOT talk about my love that way, you are a scoundrel"

"You hardly know her"

"She is my intended"

"She is crazy as you are. Everybody knows that. She is called the mad woman! You both make a good pair!"

"She is beautiful and she is my love"

"You get this way. You do not even listen to me. Are you listening?"

"We will have a passionate affair for some months and then be married"

"You are not listening."

"I must not delay. I must go to her. She is calling my name."

"From what I hear she has called quite a lot the names of men."

"What do you say!?"

"So you are listening to me?"

"You are a scoundrel"

"I am sane."

"I go now"
"fine"

"Will you wait for me?"

"I will wait for you. Do I not always wait when you get like this and do something stupid?"

"I will go."

"Fine."

....

"Well? How did it go?"

"I do not want to speak of her again."

"Did you throw yourself at her feet and declare your love?"

"I did."

"What happened?"

"She told me that God had led me to her door"

"She told you that?"

"She told me that"

"She is crazy!"

"She is a man woman! People in this city are crazy"

"No doubt about that, my friend."

"It is a good thing we are sane, no?"

"Very, now shall we have that coffee?"

Hope you like the photo and text that accompanies it :-) The window is not really from Paris! The last time I went to Greenwich, here in London, there was a window above a shop that caught my eye. It seemed so exotic and from another time and place. I had to take a photo. I especially liked the number 9 there. It made me think of some place in Paris so hence the title and the text I came up with.

Copyright 2005 - All rights reserved by poster.

8 comments:

Acrix said...

I like the grill :P Does the 9 signify the level or something else?

poppycock said...

ha ha ha! that was a good one, luna ;)

the picture is nice and quaint and looks exactly like you call it.

. : A : . said...

Yes, it does seem like it is from another place and time. In fact, I would have not thought about it, had you not mentioned it in the end.

:-)

Pincushion said...

Hi !..new here..but really liked what I saw :)
..for some curious reason the window made me think of the movie 'Casablanca'..the window to me opens up the world of timeless romance..a whiff of what could be..
Will surely be back. Thank you for sharing.

Martin said...

Acrix, the no.9 probably is the number of the shop :-) Here in London there are not that many high buildings. Although they do exist! I liked the grill too! That's what inspired me so much to take the shot.


mayamaya, Thanks! Glad I could take you to Paris for a moment with the shot.

. : A : . ,One what I hoped with this blog. To show that there are stories in everything. And show the beauty, wonder and magic all around us. Glad you liked it and thanks for the comment :-)

Pincushion, welcome to the light of the moon! Very glad to have you around. All are welcome here! Thanks for the comment. Hmmm Casablanca? Yeah, I see that too. If I had shot this in black and white maybe I would have called it something like "Window from Casablanca" Hope to see you around here! Until next time...

Best Wishes
- :: Luna :: -

Borya said...

You are right, the balcony iron looks as if being in Paris. Funny conversation. But you got to work on your French slightly. ;-)

Martin said...

My French is non-existant! Maybe I should have set it in Spain :-D

Wishes
- Luna - :-)

Anonymous said...

Je pense que vous avez eu la secousse d'appareil-photo sur cette image

a whisper*