Tuesday, January 18, 2005

A Little Night Music



A Little Night Music

The deep black blanket night was frosted with ice bright stars and in the centre hung the queen of the night in her misty pale dress - the Moon. Soon after the moon and stars had taken their place the music of the night began. First the wind roused and sang her melancholy song to the moon. The song of the wind was the song of the west, spiced with the scent of the earth. The wind sang her songs all soft and mournful to the glowing night queen and her frosted consorts.

Next the trees joined in the night music. Those old oak trees waggled twiggy fingers and waved wooden arms as if conducting the songs of the night. Their music of the trees was the soft tap, tap, tap, tapping of their fingers on frozen window panes.

The wolves joined to the song next. Wolf song broke out like a bird of prey from misted muzzles and sang straight to the moon! The wolves sung and howled and the Moon, who smiled on them, bathed them in her light. Wolves are special to the moon, as are crows and owls. It was the owls that added to the serenade of the wolf with hoots and toots and woots to the night.

Can you hear it? Do you hear that? It's just a little night music playing for the queen of the night who watches in her beautiful silver dress along with her frosted star courters.

Copyright 2005 - All rights reserved by poster.

9 comments:

Jessica said...

I love all these moon images. I find the moon much more beautiful than the sun. Nice post Luna.

Anonymous said...

Glad you liked Jessica :-) Yeah, I like the moon better than the sun. The moon is really beautiful and seems very magical.

Best Wishes
La Luna

shamoussa said...

I like the moon very much, it's magical and everything but I still like the sun better.. For some reason the moon seems to me so cold. But the truth has got to be said.. your photos are awesome, I'll be waiting for the full moon's capture :)

Borya said...

Sleepy Hollow.

Acrix said...

Mysterious nite :) Nice 1 with the dark shade of branches giving a spooky feel :P

boyblue said...

i DO love your pics...
tell me yr a pro...u must be...
thanks for everything,
always,
HA

Martin said...

Shamoussa, thanks for the comment. I too am looking forward to a full moon capture! However, it's often cloudy here so who knows when I will be lucky? Wish me luck! :-)

Borya, YES! Sleepy Hollow :-D Good alternate title! Liked that movie too! Depp is great in that part.

Acrix, Woooo :-;

Hardcorearna - THANKS! No, I am not a pro! In fact VERY far from a pro but thanks for the faith in my skil! :-O

Best Wishes
La Luna

. : A : . said...

Another similarity. See an old post of mine.

http://english-august.blogspot.com/2004/11/shy-of-moon.html#comments

:-)

Martin said...

Thanks!!! I really like your photo and poem! I will leave a comment on it at your site :-)

Best WIshes
La Luna