Friday, January 21, 2005

Poem - Down Beneath



Thrice ringed with roses,
And sky blue poesies,
Cold as winter,
Her grave stone stood,
With sadness tangled heart,
And snow cold tears of grief,
I kissed the stone,
Just once,
And began to dig,
To what lay down down beneath,
Till my love was free from the black loam,
I kissed her just once,
Naked white bone,
And then,
Took her home.


This was an older poem that I wrote. Not normally the kind of thing I write. A short dark horror story in the form of a poem. Hmmm, must have been overdosing on Poe at the time :-D Anyway, hope you like.

Copyright 2005 - all rights reserved by poster.

4 comments:

Martin said...

Yes you did get me thinking of snow!!! Please send me some! :-D

Glad you enjoyed the poem. You are right, I will never get tired of hearing I am talented! Thank you, and you are talented too!

Best Wishes
- luna

. : A : . said...

I was reminded of Poe while I was reading this (before a scrolled down and read your footnote).

Haven't read Poe for sometime now, but think I want to refresh ... ;-)

Cristina said...

It reminded me of Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë as well!

Martin said...

::A:: thanks for the comment. Poe is wonderful and especially his poetry. The Raven is devine! I might have to re-read some Poe too :-)

Christina, thanks for the comment :-) I have never read anything by the Brontes but I keep meaning to :-)

Best Wishes
Luna