Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Fiction: Did I dream this?



His hazelnut eyes blinked. So close to her moonglow face, her full cherry lips, and those beautiful eyes. Her blue grey eyes. Blinked. She spoke in silence with the language of body, heart, mind ,and soul. Outside the jealous wind moaned. It spoke the language of nature. Cocooned inside the cabin of wood, heavy with sap scent, we could hear the wind keening.

Eyes flare open. Sunlight bursting though the window. Bed sheets: vast, cold, ice fields. Large and lonely empty arctic space. His arms around and holding himself. The alarm clock still buzzing. Fingers, crawling, reaching, fumbling and finally finding the button. Silence. Thick. Summer spread out beyond the window with green hills. A road led someplace. Houses crouched low and grey on the horizon. He thought, did I dream this? He blinked.

Some of them were broken: Grave stones jutting from the ground with dark green weeds abound. In places there were flowers. Bright and beautiful visitors among the drab grey of the grave stones. The sky was pebble grey. The light. The light was grey. Everything. Names forgotten. Names remembered. Names everywhere. Death everywhere. His fingers touched the side of his neck. Remembering even as the tears etched coldly down his face, but did I dream this? He blinked.

She sat in the centre of the grainy wooden floor wrapped in a white rose sheet. His warm hands moved under the sheet and around her waist. Warm. His lips moist against hers. Electric. Hot and falling, both of them entangled together. I wish this moment forever. He wished the moment forever would last forever. Kisses crawling across her neck like delicious romantic spiders. He blinked. Did I dream this?

Did we dream this?
Whisper.
"Hello?"



-- The End.



Copyright 2005 - all rights reserved by poster.


18 comments:

keed said...

intense and artistic work. i saw them vividly.

Martin said...

Glad you liked Billy and thanks a lot for the comment :-)

Best Wishes
La Luna

Cristina said...

I enjoyed reading your short piece of writing. It certainly is very vivid! Keep up the good work! Oh, how I wish I could write...! (write fiction, that is :P)

Martin said...

Thanks :-)

I'm glad you enjoyed it. I for sure will post more. I have lots on my computer and this was something I wrote awhile ago. I'll gradually post up old prose as wwell as new prose. Unfortunalty, a lot of the fiction is really a bit too long to put on a blog.

You should try your hand at writing some fiction, Cristina! You might surprise yourself :-)

Best Wishes
La Luna

Cristina said...

Believe me - I'd better not! I simply lack ideas and don't have the goft for depicting things and scenes and situations. I'm much better off staying at the other side of the process - reading.

Borya said...

Gotta rush a bit today. Printed out your story. Comment on it later. Love the last three lines. Whisper. Hello?

Martin said...

Hey, thanks for the comment even when you are in a rush. Look foward to what you have to say later :-)

Take care and have a good day!

Best Wishes
- La Luna

Borya said...

Btw, do u think that copyright thing works?

Martin said...

lol Good question, my friend. The answer is that I have no damn idea but I figure I'm not losing anything in trying :-) I actually don't mind if people take and use my work just as long as nobody does not try to claim it as their own work :-)

Best Wishes
- La Luna

Anonymous said...

La Luna I love this story!
Did I write this? lol
M

Martin said...

Glad you liked :-D

Yes I did write it! Don't sound so surprised :-P lol

Best Wishes
La Luna

Anonymous said...

No no no - I meant did I write the comment?! lol
M

poppycock said...

luna, you are so good at this, and i just appreciate how talented you are. ui wish i could write fiction, like you :)

Martin said...

Thank you Mayamaya!!!! That's such a nice compliment. I am glad you liked it :-)

Borya said...

Hello? One question: do you wish this? :-)

Martin said...

I didn't understand the question? :-)

Best Wishes
- Martin

Borya said...

I mean what you describe, the situation, do you wish it to happen that way? With this intensity? Delicious romantic spiders - when do we feel this? I think moments with this intensity are rare. When you experience erotic that deep, be it real or be it in your imagination, you can be happy. So now that you've written it down and asking if you dreamt it, I look in the other direction ans ask if you wish it ...
Me, thinking back, I have to say that I experienced very nice moments. But living such a come together with noticing these things and feeling that way, I have to admit that it's still in my dreams and in my hope. But maybe it will never happen. And to express our desires or to know what could be, we have the ability to express ourselves in prose or poetry or music etc.

Borya said...

Delicious romantic spiders, shivering - that's more in my imagination than in the real world. I can stand at the seaside and the wind caresses my skin which makes me shiver. And in this moment I can think of my desire to be with a woman and to feel the same when she caresses me.
Let me confess you a secret - I'm very sensitive around my ears. One day when playing a game, a Spanish guy whispered something in my ear. Man, I was shivering! Gave me some time to figure out what happened. ;-) Even more back then I was in Paris living in the appartment of a friend who is gay. But my interest goes towards women so I can say that I STILL wish that one day a woman discovers my "weakness" ...