Friday, February 18, 2005

StarDust



I stood alone with the old trees under a watchful milky moon. With the chill night wrapped around me like a blanket. I gazed with my face turned upward and into the sky. Something was about to happen. I shivered with it, as the trees shivered with the cool wind that caressed them, and waited with expectant eyes wide. I held my breath. Waiting. Waiting. I was waiting. The whole entire world waited with me. I could feel it in my bones. Suddenly, It began to happen. I watched as the sparkling stars began to swirl in the blackness. Stella cream in the black coffee sky. With my face upturned and my eyes wide in wonder. My heart held the wonder that my eyes drank. One by one the swirling stars began to glitter and beam all the more brightly. My breath steamed into the chill night as I exhaled. Then. Star dust began to fall. It rained stars and I began to laugh. Tiny white motes drifting down slowly out of the sky, like glowing snow. Star dust fell about me. Hit my face, warm and twinkling. Holding out my hands with my fingers splayed wide to catch a falling star. I held the stars in my hand where they shimmered shivered and glimmered like fish in a shallow pool of water.


Copyright 2005 - all rights reserved.

5 comments:

mermaid said...

What a magical night. It's like a baptism, only with the dust of your own imagination. Congrats on the blessings.

Jessica said...

Absolutely beautiful piece. I am inspired to go write now. Thank you.

keed said...

excellent.

Anonymous said...

As others have said a beautiful & magical narrative :o)
I love the line "It rained stars and I began to laugh" :o)
What more can I say? I love your imagination :o)
-M

Martin said...

Hi Mermaild, and thank you!

Jesica! So glad I could inspire you! I hope you wrote something! I would love to see what it is...

Billy, thank you very much!

M, with thanks, as always :-)

Best Wishes
La Luna