Wednesday, February 23, 2005

River wheat



River Wheat

Ripe wheat by the river grows thick and deep. Lush stern stalks of gold go waving in wind while the light plays silverfish on the water. She used to dance, oh so long ago, down by the path that ran twisting along the river bank. Her apple red bright dress was ever so vibrant against the gold corn and the silver water. Oh those days, down by the river, with the wild wheat, and the silver river.

I really love the way this photograph turned out. I like the contrast of the black stalks against the silver water. It works so well in black and white! Anyway, I hope you like this photograph as much as I do :-) I used a different kind of border today. Let me know what you think about it as opposed to my normal!

In other news... Yesterday night and today we had a little snow! I was so happy! I ran out into the snow. It was wonderful and magical. I am hoping for lots and lots of snow! Should that happen, I will be out in it! I will be out making snow men, and snow angels, and taking LOTS of photographs!

Copyright 2005 - all rights reserved.

11 comments:

Silence said...

I really like this picture Luna, and its really great in black and white.
Can't really say more, my knowledge of pictures is limited to "uhh pretty" and "argh ugly". :-)

mermaid said...

You titled this one, 'River Wheat', and before I even read the title, I was thinking 'River Dance'. Awesome picture.

I saw that sky again tonight. We've had a week of rain in California, and finally got some sun. It would truly be a miracle to see snow where I live.

I saw the moon tonight, and thought of you. Not sure if it was full, but pretty close...

David Collett said...

Wow. Great photos.

Jessica said...

Love the way you can still see the movement. Wonderful shot Luna! And lucky you, getting snow, now I am off to pout cuz we didn't get snow!

Pincushion said...

ooooooh ! Thats magical and so full of faeries in the husks ! and I definitely like this border more than your previous ones, coz it makes the pic look more misty, wafty, there yet not quite there...
god i am not making any sense..am i ..lol !
Hey..can I take inspiration from this pic and sketch something similar to it ? do I have your permission ?? :)

Cristina said...

Love the way you framed it too :D

Borya said...

Indeed, great framing and colouring.

Martin said...

Hey, thanks a lot :-)

Mermaid, great you were thinking about dancing too! Glad you saw the moon and hope you are touched by the magic :-)

Dave, thank you for the comment! I am glad you liked :-)

WritersBlock, thanks a lot :-) I am glad that I could remind you of the wonder and magic of snow!

Jessica! Don't pout! :-D I'll wish you some snow!

Pincusion! WOW, I inspire you? That's wonderful. If I can give a smile or inspire somebody to create then that makes me happy. I would be honoured if you would do a drawing of this photo and would be so eager to see it! :-)

Critina, thanks :-) Glad you like the new frame. Thanks for letting me know what you think about that!

Borya, thanks :-)

Best Wishes
- La Luna

Anonymous said...

I'm back moon-gazing...and what a lovely sight it is ;o)
I'm heavily influenced by my current book - but the border has the "right" fuzzy memory-induced feel to it. So the story of a memory fits really well with the pic.
Clever boy! :D
-M

Anonymous Poet said...

Great photo!

thoughts said...

The frame makes u hold ur breath for a second!