Sunday, February 13, 2005

Night Rose



Night Rose

And she was safe! The troll was slain by her valiant knight in his shining moonlight armour. In the ferocious battle the knight had been mortally wounded and lay dying before her. She cradled him in his arms as her star sparkling tears fell onto his skin. He said to her, "I shall never leave you, my love." And suddenly, before the the very eyes of the Princess, his heart turned into a rose. And he said, "This rose is my heart and it's petals are my kisses" She wept every day from that day on but the rose always shed it's petals at dawn and dusk as a fire red kiss upon her china white skin. And that is why, even to this day, the rose is held as a symbol for eternal love.

Happy Valentine everybody. Hope you liked my little story, the words, and the photograph. I hope you have somebody whose kisses fall like rose petals on your lips and skin. For those who don't, keep a light lit in your soul and she will find you. Happy Valentine to my Valentine. I don't know who she is yet... but you are out there... somewhere... :-)

Copyright 2005 - All rights reserved.

9 comments:

Silence said...

Nice picture, love the colors.
Sure she is out there? ... I'm not. :-)

Martin said...

Because you are a terrible cynic :-P

Thanks for the comment :-)

Cristina said...

Ooh, beautiful! Especially the red "atmosphere" :)

Anonymous said...

Luna - as always a beautiful pic & story combination.
She will find you :0)
Happy Valentine's :o)

-M

Josie said...

It`s a beautiful story and a very romantic pic.

I am sure that you`ll found she soon.

Happy Valentine's Day

Martin said...

Cristina, I really liked the red effect too! It actually comes from a near by street lamp that is illuminating the rose :-)

M - Happy Valentine. You are an Angel :-) Thanks for everything you do. It means a lot to me.

Josie, thank you very much for your words and your wishes. I am glad you liked the image too :-)

Last but never least :-)

Thank you Writersblock! Wish the same for you... Happy Valentine day :-)

Best Wishes
La Luna

mermaid said...

The rose is the human heart, its branches, blood vessels that feed oxygen and life to all other organs and limbs. The thorns are the toxins we ingest (tobacco, alcohol, fear, self loathing).

Trust your heart. Before you find 'her', see and trust your own beauty. The beating will echo to her. The red will shine even in the darkest corners to guide her to you.

Martin said...

Good advice. I will try to trust in my own beauty Mermaid. thank you :-)

Best Wishes
La Luna

mermaid said...

La Luna, thanks for stopping by to visit 'Mermaid Healing'. I think you started with the posts that were lowest on the page, not necessarily the most recent. Oh, well, enjoyed the comments, as well as your own home, 'Light of the Moon'. You live in the sky, as I do in the sea, but in truth, I find beauty in all nature.