Saturday, February 12, 2005

Beyond my window



Beyond My Window

Woke into the world as if being born. Struggled and stretched myself into the world. Splashed cold water onto my face and drank hot dark espresso coffee. Decided I wanted to read for awhile so lay on my sofa and began to drink the worlds into my book and allow myself to be sucked into the world for awhile. After reading for awhile, I looked up, and saw this sky framed by my window and sliced by dark bands. I took this photograph. The sky is always a nice surprise for me and a reminder that the world, no matter what happens... it's still a beautiful world. I hope it reminds you of that. I hope when you look up and you have forgotten that the world is beautiful, that you think of these words and the photograph of a sky, and you see beauty again. Sometimes we just need to be reminded so much. Sometimes that's all we have. Have a good weekend all :-)

Copyright 2005 - All rights reserved and then some.

7 comments:

Acrix said...

Once in a while i take my time to find a quiet place to watch the sky and enjoy what mother nature has to offer :) I like the dark bands! Anyway, it;s true that we need to be constantly reminded abt all the good things that we have around us to make us a happier person!

Martin said...

Acrix, Glad you agree. It is important to remind ourselfs of the beauty and the wonder of the world. It's so easy to become jaded and forget! I hope you always find the beauty and are happy person! :-)

Writersblock, thanks fo rthe comment and you are welcome for a look out of my window! I hope you enjoy the silver and blue :-)

Best Wishes
La Luna

Cristina said...

Nice view from your window :)

Pincushion said...

' began to drink the worlds into my book '

such a lovely expression !
And yes, we DO need to be reminded, and thank you for reminding me :)

Anonymous said...

That's one hell of a window.

— Lies

Martin said...

Cristina, thanks :-)

Pincusion, glad you liked the words, and thank you :)

Lies, thanks! Nice to see you here :-)

Best Wishes
La Luna

Martin said...

Cristina, thank you :-)

Pincusion, glad you likes those words. Nice compliment comming from one who is so good at words :-)

Lies, thanks a lot your comment here :-) Glad you liked it!

Best Wishes
Luna