Friday, July 29, 2005

Image hosted by TinyPic.com

Chocolate

Mmmm chocolate :-D

This photo was taken while I was in Brugge, Belgium a few months ago. I only had a few hours there, but it was great to be some place I had never been before. All around me towered gothic cathedrals with spiked spires and graceful arches. Everywhere you go there are chocolate shops selling the most wonderful range of fantastic chocolate! It's heaven for a chocolate-holic like me :-D Belgium chocolate is regarded as the best in the world and it's certainly very yum! Although Swiss is just as good. Lindt bars are great and you can find them here with ease in the U.K

YAY! It's finally Friday and I can relax ( at least for 2 fantastic days!!! ) I'm really happy it's the weekend! I got some wine and some chocolate and spent a very relaxing night at home curled up on the sofa reading my book Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell" It's a great book. I'm loving it, and am really looking forward to having a long reading session this weekend with some munchies!
Hope you all have a good weekend! Go on... indulge yourself in a small vice! Be it chocolate, wine, or something else :-D I have some more wine ( red ) for Sunday! ;-)

Heather, will post up that story I spoke of on Sunday :-)

best wishes
Martin - 2005

17 comments:

Martin said...

JENNIE: Ooooh, sounds like a plan! :-D A perfect night! I guess you don't get that many quite nights like that?

If you find that few thousand you are welcome to come join me! Better hurry though because the chocs and wine won't last all that long... :-D

- Martin

. : A : . said...

Very appetising.

Yes, Belgian chocolate is by far the best! And I agree that Swiss is pretty good too.

You have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

Now *that's* my kind of shop! Buckets full of chocolate...mmm... One combination I really like is chocolate-covered pretzels and good beer (either German or microbrewed). Sounds like you have a nice relaxing weekend planned. I will be packing and, of course, getting distracted from packing! But we'll be in the other house in less than a month, something to look forward to. BTW I like your other blog, very intriguing!

Borya said...

imo, swiss chocolate is better but what the belgians are top at you can exactly see on that photo: Pralinen (however they are called in english :)

Cristina said...

Love chocolate! I don't mind where it comes from really :P But my sister lived in Belgium for a few months and whenever she came hom she brought lots and lots of chocolates and they were all yummy! :D

One of the things I really can't wrap my mind around is people who don't like chocolate. Such a mystery!

Martin said...

MARIJOSE: Good to see you again! :-)
I hope that your packing is going well, and you are not too distracted :-D
chocolate covered pretzile sounds is wonderful. We had those here for awhile but you can't get them any longer ( as far as I know ) I really love the combination of salty/sweet. Glad you enjoy the other blog! It's being really fun to write it! Have a good weekend :-)

BORYA: Well, I suppose there isnt really that much to choose from between them! They are both great :-D I do love Lindt! In English it's "pralines" :-)

CRISTINA: Peoople that don't like chocolate???? Does such a thing exist? Let us hunt down those freaks with burning brands and pitch forks!!! :-D

- Martin

Ubermensch said...

save the sweets for the week , weekend is for wine...:) la la

Martin said...

UBER: Nice to see you! Well... WHY NOT HAVE BOTH!!!! :-D Yeah! Live it up :-D

- Martin

mermaid said...

"I love the clean shining look of the world full of reflections and shimmering lights."

Beautifully captured and said. I, too feel as if the world is reborn, washed, and given a second chance with the rain.

Sounds like you had a wonderful Saturday. I hope you didn't forget the tartar sauce with the fish:)

Martin said...

MERMAID: Yes, was very good! I am hoping today will be as good :-)

No Tartar sauce with the fish! Had some BBQ sauce. It was good! :-)

- Martin

Just Me said...

reminds me of the shop window in the movie chocolat. a feast for the eyes: i can almost smell the chocolate from here. both belgium and swiss chocolate are yummy. my fave is white chocolate (which i know is not really chocolate). but for me: i'd take caramel over chocolate any day.

Martin said...

What about chocolate and caramel together? :D

I love that combination!

- Martin

Just Me said...

rolos!

Martin said...

YUM! :-D

Cadbury caramel is good if you can get it there :-)

- Martin

Bill said...

I think Belgian chocolate is the best. Last time I was there I picked up 2 kilos to bring home.

Martin said...

You are a very wise man :-D

- Martin

RM said...

Beatiful pic!