Sunday, June 19, 2005

Yesterday...


Image hosted by TinyPic.com

Yesterday...

Yesterday was hot buttered toast warm. Everything moved slowly through and ocean of golden hot delight sunlight. I lay on the sofa with the touch of the sun warming my skin and listened to music while I looked out at my view. A whisper of wind moved the grass and trees gently back and forth. It was nice to do nothing and just relax. This is how I spent most of my Saturday. This was yesterday. Aren't lazy weekends the best? :-) There is much to be said for going places, doing things, rushing and dashing and achieving much... but there also is a lot to be said for taking a deep breath, washing away the thoughts in your cluttered on the beach of your mind, watching the world go by, taking it's beauty, and just "being" and nothing else. We call it chilling out, Buddhists call it meditation and are devoted to it's cause. The seeking of the calm and existing in only the moment of now. I hope your yesterday was bright and buttered toast warm. I hope you had some moment becalmed.

Wishes...
- : Luna : -

All rights reserved 2005.

8 comments:

Borya said...

Seems to have been a lovely day as it was here in the mountains. E-mail will come on one of the next days. :)

Anonymous said...

Even here in merry, old England it's been exceddingly nice weather this weekend. Something just doesn't seem right.

Tootles

mermaid said...

Hey, Luna. Reminds me of the view from my living room. Unfortunately, I am on call this weekend. I got 10 patient call yesterday, was in the ER from midnight-2pm, and was awakened this morning with 9-10 more phine calls form patients. I got to do my yoga, and see the view of the back yard. Who knows what the rest of the day will bring, but I know I will rest, as you did yesterday, soon...

Martin said...

Boyra, it was another hot one! I'll await your email! :-)

Painfully Predictable... nice name! Yeah, I'm here in the UK and it was H O T today. I could have gone fried some eggs outside on the paving stones!

Thanks for stopping by :-)

Mermaid, hope you will get some rest soon and you can just "be" I hope you find the ocean inside you singing songs of soft lullaby.

Best Wishes
- Luna

Jessica said...

sounds like an amazing way to while away the time.

Martin said...

Hi Jesica! It was a wonderfulw way to spend the time. I think we often get caught up in the "we have to be doing *something*" idea of things. It was great to just do nothing and watch the sunlight world go by... :-)

Best wishes
- La Luna

Angelsiiighs said...

I loooove to dooo absolutely noothing... It's nice to go Gone...
Shame we dont have enough time to nothingnesssshhhh...
Dream on Dear!!!

Martin said...

Ahhh yeah! I wish, I wish, I wish apon a magic falling star that I had more time to sit and do nothing at all but do nothing at all :-)

I shall dream on :-)

Best wishes
- Luna