Tuesday, December 28, 2004

The last night on Earth.



The Last Night on Earth

We watched the end of the world come dressed in crimson. Watched the sky turn to warm blood even as ours froze in our veins and we choked on ice and ash.

First image taken with my new camera! This photograph was born of experimentation! I took the camera along to the forest near me. I wanted to try and take pictures with the night mode in total darkness. I was surprised that anything actually could be taken. :-)

Strange, huh? Please note that no photo shop affects or alterations were made to this picture. This is how the photo actually turned out! So darkly strange beautiful. As if there sky had turned to blood and the tree's dark arms stretch out to embrace it. Yes, I like this. Beautiful and strange :-)

Copyright 2004 - all rights reserved by poster.

9 comments:

Acrix said...

Kinda eerie coz the tree seems to have its own life! How long do u let the shutter on?

Cristina said...

What a beautiful picture!!

And now I'm green with envy wishing my camera took pictures like that! :P

Martin said...

Ah-ha! It's all part of my evil plan to make you all want to spend money on new cameras this year :-D lol

Glad you liked the pic :-)


Acrix, the shutter speed was 8 seconds with no flash :-) I had to lean the camera on something to keep it steady. For this kind of work I really need a tripod. I'll have to buy one for these kinds of shots and plus I want to photograph the moon at full zoom and I really need a tripod for that too.

Best Wishes
- Luz de la Luna.

keed said...

keep the art flowing now

Martin said...

Thanks for the comment! I will keep the art flowing!

Best Regards
Luz de la luna :-)

poppycock said...

i love this picture, and so aptly called 'the last night on earth'. it may as well be 'the first night on earth' too, but that's just me. i have an easier time with beginnings than endings :)

i love it. i love the desolation, the loneliness and the story this picture could tell.

Martin said...

Thank you! I am glad you like it. yes, there is a very melonconic air to the picture and it holds great mystery. Trees always have a story. I wonder what his story is? :-)

Best Wishes
Luna.

Borya said...

Looks like the moment before a hailstorm. There's a lot of music in this pic.

Martin said...

Hmmm music? How about Mars by Holst? ;-)

Best regards
- La Luna