Thursday, August 04, 2005

Swan Song



Image hosted by TinyPic.com

Swan Song

I hear your song
Of whispering river weeds
And green water where white lilly grow
I listen to your song
Of serenity gliding along
Your snow white swan song.

This black and white photo of the Swan was taken on the Isle of White. There was a large pond filled with songs. People were feeding them by throwing the swans bits of bread and all sorts of things. The swans were very happy about the situation :-D I managed to be able to take some bread and feed them by hand :-) It's great they are so tame! I love it when you can get so close to animals that you would not normally see.

Martin - 2005

15 comments:

keed said...

beautiful pic. life.

Ubermensch said...

U had been to the isle of W ?
lovely snap! one of my favorite pieces in music!
Thanks

Martin said...

BILLY: Thank you :-)

UBER: Yeah went to Isle of White around 4 months ago I think it was :-) Nice place! Went across on the hover craft which was, as they say, kewl :-)

And welcome :-)

- Martin

Cristina said...

At the Retiro Park in Madrid they have black swans with red beaks - they're simply beautiful!!

Martin said...

CRISTINA: wow! Pic? :-D

- Martin

mermaid said...

I guess beauty still exists.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful picture, I love swans :)

Just Me said...

excellent! suits the black and white. i saw some swans today but i didn't stop to take a pic.

. : A : . said...

Nice words and capture.

That Girl said...

thats beautiful!... loved it...

err umm ok the designer in me has seen in too much and now the swan reminds me of Aladdin's Genie Lamp....* runs away very fast*

Martin said...

MERMAID: Yes, there is still beauty :-)

RONNY: Thanks! Yeah they are very beautiful. Lots of mythology surrounds them also!

JUST ME: Yeah, think the black and white suits it too! But I wish I could have got one of them floating in the water! This was the best angel that I could get of them!

:A: Thanks! :-)

GRAFXGURL Alandin's lamp? Well, don't rub the swans they get very angry and bite :-D

- Martin

Pecos Blue said...

Your swan reminds me of my duck. Great shot. what kind of camera do you use?

Luz said...

Nice blog and pic!

Martin said...

PECOS BLUE: I use a Panasonic DMC-FZ20 :-)

LUZ: Thank you! :-)

- Martin

Acrix said...

Unluckily, the geese at the lake nearby my uni are not that tame as the swan u mention :P I saw them biting a guy once ~