Saturday, May 13, 2006

Jaws! :-O




Jaws!

Duh da... Duh da... Duh da... da da... da da... da da da da da da da da da dooo!

Yes, it's Jaws :-) OK, not
really jaws at all but it's the film that made sharks famous or maybe I should say infamous? The film is responsible for a lot of bad press and bad misinformation about a mysterious and beautiful animal.

This is another shot from the London Aquarium. The sharks, of course, are the best thing. They are certainly worth the admission price! The Aquarium is a magical place, any place that let's you glimpse another world must be, there are many wonderful things there, but there is always something special about the shark.

I actually don't find them scary or evil. For me, they are majestic, beautiful, and enigmatic. Whatever your views about the shark, they will certainly provoke a sense of awe.

This photo isn't great, but it's the best that I could do in very difficult photo conditions, but I'm happy that I could get at least one semi decent shot! I'm sure that one day I will visit again with a little more luck and more photography knowledge/skill and take a better picture. But for now, I give you the enigma, the beauty, the majesty, and the awe, of the shark :-)

- Martin

5 comments:

Ubermensch said...

Hey martin thanks for dropping by, this i think having known the premise is not a bad shot at all, esp the water is reflected quite well.

Martin said...

Yes, I'm actually pretty happy with the shot. I'm just a perfectionist when it comes to this sort of thing. I just can't help imagine the kind of shot that I "could" get... Anyway, I'm pleased with this shot. It's pretty cool to have a shot of a shark :-D

- Martin

to touch a unicorn said...

we'll swim in the sea, play with dolphins, not sharks, oh no,
for they're nasty great things and they'll eat you and me
and that's not a good way to go...;-)
Aw go on ... smile... :)

Martin said...

lol :-)

Nice poem! OK... I'm smiling!

- Martin

to touch a unicorn said...

haha Good! Glad you liked it! :)